- The Registered Speech Therapist provides direct rehab care in speech therapy to patients upon physician referral accordance with all applicate laws, regulations and Center at Val Vista Standards.
- Reports to Director of Rehab (DOR)
- May work in multiple facilities
- Attends and participates in Continuing education
- Works in the Rehab department as well as throughout the facility, in patients’ home and within the community as part of the patients’ safe discharge process.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays
- Subject to falls, burns form equipment, odors, ect. throughout the work day
- Possible exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, ect. Including exposure to AIDS, hepatitis B
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in Speech Therapy. (MS or MA ST)
- Must be currently registered/licensed in the state of Arizona
- Must maintain active license throughout employment
- Must have CPR certification upon hire. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Must be able to perform Speech Therapy Evaluations, complete care plans, establish goals, and communicate frequently with interdisciplinary team
- Must have experience in Microsoft Word, email
- Must utilize good body mechanics at all times
- Must be able to make safe, independent decisions when circumstances arise
- Must be knowledgeable of speech therapy practices and procedures as well as the laws regulations
- Must be able to interpret and implement the programs, goals, policies and procedures of the speech therapy dept.
- Maintains professional working relationship with all families, peers, associates, vendors.
- Understands and complies with company policies, maintains current status with Relias training.
- Documentation is completed daily including therapy notes, treatment times and labor hours
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependability and regular attendance
- Must have excellent customer service, clinical skill, and communication and positive attitude
- Be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds, safely transfer patients, participate in staff training related to safe patient handling.
- Must comply with the facility uniform and wear name badge at all times
- Must be able to work effectively and productively